Do You Have Ducts That Need Cleaned?
Drake Mechanical can help you get cleaner air in your home by getting your ducts cleaned in Boise so that you can start breathing easier today. Duct Cleaning in Nampa can make a huge difference on the amount of dust in your home. Duct cleaning in Meridian and Caldwell can help out a whole lot with your allergies and other sinus issues. Especially if you have an older home or office. Duct cleaning in Nampa and Caldwell is something a lot of us don't think about unless we have had it done and saw what a difference it makes. As time goes by you would be amazed at what you find inside your duct work, from kids toys, marbles, dirt, pet hair, dust etc, since it is on the positive pressure side of your heating and cooling equipment there is nothing to stop it from blowing out into your home.
Drake Mechanical has teamed up with a great local Duct Cleaning company in the Treasure Valley and we can include the cost in our price while doing other work so that you only have to make one phone call, get one price, deal with one contractor and Drake Mechanical makes sure that it gets done right and done professionally for you. If Kuna Duct Cleaning is all you need then don't hesitate to call, we can still get it scheduled and done for you so that you don't have to hunt around for someone to get your duct cleaning in Boise taken care of. Did you know that there are also other things besides duct cleaning that should be addressed? Just need your Boise ducts cleaned and no other work? That is ok, give us a call and we will get you taken care of just like we do with any other service for you.
On top of Caldwell Duct Cleaning, proper air filtration is a huge issue with dust and air born particles in your home or office. That however is a whole other conversation. So if you need your Ducts Cleaned in Meridian, Dryer vent cleaning in Boise, Return air ducts cleaned in Nampa, chimneys cleaned in Kuna or just need to get everything from duct cleaning to your dryer vent done in one trip just give Drake Mechanical a call today so that we can get your duct cleaning scheduled and get you breathing easier and dusting less! For more information on Boise Duct Cleaning and the benefits of Nampa and Caldwell duct cleaning it please give us a call or CLICK HEREbelow to contact us via e mail.
Do You Know How Duct Cleaning Can Help In Your Home Or Office?
- 9 out of 10 heating and air conditioning systems fail and breakdown because of dirt and dust buildup
- By removing just four-tenths (0.042) of an inch of accumulated dirt and debris on your heating or cooling coils will save energy by up to 21%
- Clean and well-maintained systems mean SAVINGS on monthly bills and less dusting, coughing and waking up severly congested
- Efficient heating and cooling systems require much less costly repairs or replacements
- Staying indoors 60% to 90% of your time means breathing 70 times more polluted air. Indoor air pollution is on the EPA's top list of worst air pollution.
- Polluted indoor air can cause or worsen 50% of all illnesses
Duct cleaning in Boise may possibly improve indoor air quality and increase efficiency by getting rid of accumulated dust and debris. Still, many homeowners would not consider duct cleaning as a regular part of house cleaning chores. The fact that this task is not easily done with the right trainings and the ultra-modern equipment would most likely discourage homeowners to attempt any duct cleaning around the house. This however changes when duct cleaning Boise companies make their professional services available. The challenging task of cleaning inch after inch of accumulated dirt and dust inside the ducts now in the hands of professional duct cleaners servicing the Treasure Valley area – that’s such a relief to the homeowner. There is a downside though to the importance given to duct cleaning as the solution to healthy indoor air and high efficiency at home. So before rushing into any decision to contact a duct cleaning service provider in Nampa or Caldwell, it’s best to know when duct cleaning could be necessary.
- If there is a problem with water – leaks in your HVAC coils or standing water in the duct. Whenever water is present in your ductwork, mold growth or other harmful contamination is a possibility. If you have had water in your ducts at a minimum it should be cleaned an sanitized to prevent bacteria, mold and other problems if not completely replaced. Water in ductowork can cause major health problems for you and your family.
- If you are moving into a newly built/renovated (and especially, pre-owned) home. Following any renovations or movements inside the home, there will be dust, shards, dirt that will enter the ducting. And unfortunately, you can never be too sure with the diligence of your builders or the duct cleaning routine of previous owners. You would be very surprised at what you might find inside your ducts, toys, sawdust, sheetrock dust, construction debris and more. Duct cleaning will find these items and remove them. This helps with less things for dust and dirt to catch on not to mention better airflow. If there is a problem with furnace airflow, cleaning the air ducts could get rid of blockages. Having the ductwork cleaned before you consider the more expensive duct replacement or a complicated rerouting can save you top dollars.
- If the return air registers are visibly dirty and dusty this means that one you may need to install better furnace filters or have another problem. Once that problem is resolved cleaning the ducts will get rid of that dust so that you can start fresh.
- If you live in a household with pets, young children or people suffering from respiratory related ailments duct cleaning can really help out. Pet and bird dander and hair/feathers can really build up and cause problems.
Why do Air Ducts need cleaning, and How Often?
Your HVAC system and air ducts should be cleaned for the same reason that your home needs cleaning. Suppose that your home had not been cleaned for three to five years? Most home owners keep very clean homes and they cannot believe what is commonly found in HVAC systems. Even new homes have air ducts which are filled with construction debris. It is recommended that HVAC systems be cleaned every three to five years.
How long should it take to clean a residential HVAC system?
There are several factors that could affect the time needed to clean a residential HVAC system. These factors include the type of home, accessibility of ductwork, number of systems, and amount of ductwork circulating the air in your home. Average size homes require 3 to 4 hours for two technicians. Our technicians will stay as long as necessary to thoroughly clean the entire system(s).
What are sanitizers, and why would they need to be used?
Sanitizers are anti-microbial chemicals applied to the interior surface of the air ducts and are designed to control microbial contamination. Before any sanitizers are used, the system should be thoroughly cleaned. It is critical that any anti-microbial treatment used in your system be EPA registered for use in HVAC systems. Ask to see the chemical’s Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). It should be noted that there are not EPA registered anti-microbial products for use on porous system surfaces, such as fiberglass surfaces.
Why should I choose a NADCA member to have my Air Ducts cleaned?
NADCA members have signed a Code of Ethics stating they will do everything possible to protect the consumer, and follow NADCA Standards for cleaning to the best of their ability. Air duct cleaning companies must meet stringent requirements to become a NADCA member. Among those requirements, all NADCA members must have a certified Air System Cleaning Specialist (ASCS) on staff, who have taken and passed the NADCA Certification Examination. Passing the exam demonstrates extensive knowledge in HVAC design and cleaning methodologyes.
How should a residential HVAC system be cleaned, and what kind of equipment should be used?
The most effective way to clean air duct and ventilation systems is to use a vacuum system that is strong enough to remove all the harmful debris that have accumulated in the HVAC system. The most powerful vacuum systems place your ductwork under negative pressure up to 10,000 cubic feet of air per minute. While the vacuum draws the air through your system, various devices are inserted into the ducts to dislodge the debris that are contaminating your system. These devices include whips, brushes and “skipper balls”, etc., most of which are powered by compressed air of up to 200 psi. Duct Doctor technicians are trained to select the proper tool designed for your particular type ductwork. In some rare instances, it may not be practical to run our vacuum hose from the truck mounted system. In those cases, for example in a high-rise apartment building, we may bring a large portable unit right to the system. Our portable units are powerful enough to do the job.
Why should consumers beware of the “So-Called duct cleaners”?
Consumers should beware of “blow-and-go” firms who use scare tactics to bait you with cheap prices for “whole house duct cleaning”. Most of these type firms send one person with no more than a shop vac. Before you agree to let these persons into your home, we suggest you call them back and ask the following questions:
1. What is your procedure and what kind of equipment do you use to clean my ductwork?
2. How long do you estimate that it will take to properly clean my ductwork?
3. Will your price change once you arrive at my home?
4. What does your service include? Do you sterilize the duct when you are done? Are you going to clean out the dryer vent as well as the duct? Don't be afraid to ask questions before you sign a contract with anyone.
* 24/7/365 Emergency Service For All Of Your Boise, Meridian, and Nampa Plumbing, Drain Cleaning, Water Heater, Duct Cleaning, and Heating and Air Conditioning Needs
*Financing options are available upon request and qualification